Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 86

    Tanzania Day 46 - Pingwe

    October 19, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    For our last full day in Pingwe we made the most of the great food and lounge area at Upendo.

    For the evening we had already made plans Rashid, with the owner of Baladino (the fab Italian place with draught craft beer!). He told us that he visits a bar in Jambiani for live music every Monday and that we were welcome to come. Obviously we jumped at the chance as we couldn't remember the last time we were able to see live music.

    We had another great meal in Baladin for dinner and played a few games of pool after. After 4 very skillful games between Rashid and Craig which ended as a draw, we headed to Coral Rocks in Jambiani with Rashid and the Italian chef Luca.

    The live music was brilliant with lots of different performers from traditional African to reggae to R&B!We we're enjoying the beers as much as the music and both Rashid and Luca said they were impressed with our drinking hah! I took the time to quiz Luca on how to make some of the delicious Italian meals at Baladin (turns out an aubergine parmigiana isn't healthy or easy to make).

    When the live music ended at around 1am and the DJ started, it was our cue to leave (but we've already decided we're going next week and will book a room at Coral Rocks so we can crawl to bed as late as we like)!
    Read more