Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 88

    Tanzania Day 48 - Michamve Kae

    October 21, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We woke up this morning for a breakfast and one of the four really nice guys that worked there had accidently given us sachets of Cockroach Killer instead of coffee!! Luckily Gem noticed and went for a Ginger Tea instead....

    After a quiet day relaxing in our room we came out for lunch around 2ish and were greeted with a worried looking waitor who must have apologised around 20 times when he realised his mistake from breakfast. We of course told him it was no problem and joked with him about it but as we had been in our room all day he genuinely thought he had poisoned us and we felt bad!

    This evening we were booked on a sunset paddeboard through the mamgroves! As the far weaker paddle boarder I, for some unknown reason, was responsible for the valuables bag and inevitably feel in drenching everything! Luckily gem's phone is waterproof but mine could not be saved... Lesson learned as the complety dry gem stepped off her board at the end of the trip....

    The boarding itself was great, although they didn't mention the fact we to go through a choppy/windy sea to get to the mangroves! Once there it was great to explore the winding aquatic maze and some parts were so narrow you had to lay/crouch down on the board to get through!

    The sunset on the way back to the start was brilliant and we both somehow felt closer to it being on the water.. We finished the day with a nice Indian dinner at Wing It By Sunset and got an early night
    Read more