Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Mexico Day 95 - Puerto Escondido

    April 15, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    With a night bus planned for the evening we decided to make the most of our last hours so headed down to the beach for some snorkelling around the bay. The strong waves made getting close to the rocks a little difficult but we were rewarded with seeing loads of different shapes and sizes of exotic fish! Afterwards we had a great brunch beach side and relaxed reading for the morning!

    In the afternoon we decided to head back to Xcaanda our favourite beach bar in La Punta for the last time. It has the perfect setting with the huge waves constantly crashing infront of you and always seemed to be full with good people!

    Finally we headed back to the hotel to collect our bags and head for the bus station. An 11 hour overnight bus to Oaxaca City awaited, as usual Gem was perfectly tired and managed to get to sleep seemingly before we had left the station! I struggled through til the early hours but got some sleep at least before we arrived!

    Luckily our friend Thao Nguyen was staying in the city so we had a place to head straight to and shower before checking into our Airbnb that afternoon!
    Read more