Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 103

    Mexico Day 100 - 103 - Oaxaca City

    April 23, 2021 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    After a heavy weekend we decided to relax and enjoy the food a little more through the week!

    We went to so many amazing food spots - an Italian that served probably the nicest pizza we've had since Milan! A vegetarian spot that served Gem a mushroom lasagne that had her pretty much licking the plate! A traditional Mexican place that made your salsa at the table to taste before serving us up the nicest tacos we've had this trip! Also every morning whilst Gem worked I was on coffee and pastry duty, 3 different cafes all had twists on a crossiant with jams, chocolate and even Nutella!

    We also found an Indie bar with live bands every night, we stumbled across it after hearing one of my favourite Strokes songs being covered as we walked by! It turned out to be the owners birthday and we had a great time listening to live music that we actually know again for the first time in a long time!!

    As we walked between different amazing restaurants and bars, in a city that feels small and social but is actually big, Gem mentioned it was her favourite city yet! A tough category for sure but it's hard to not have it in the top 5!

    We finished the last evening visiting the Amptheatre based on a hill overlooking the whole city! It's mainly for a festival in early July and seats 11000 - unfortunately it was closed but we got to have a walk around and admired the view of the city from the top of the hill.
    Read more