Satellite
  • Day 105

    Costa Rica Days 1-2 - La Fortuna

    April 25, 2021 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    After an 8 hour overnight bus ride, 3 hour flight and 2 hour taxi, we finally arrived in Costa Rica!! By the time we arrived at Hotel Arenal Manoa we were exhausted so grabbed some food in the restaurant and headed straight to bed, ready for a day of activities and celebrations the next day.

    I got up early and went on a horse riding tour to Arenal waterfall. My horse was called Martha and she was brilliant - knew exactly what she was doing, I just sat back, relaxed and enjoyed the scenery! It was an hour's ride to the waterfall and we did some walking trotting and cantering if we wanted. I'm pretty glad Craig didn't come as he would have been terrified! Thanks Claire, Paul & Jo for the birthday treat!

    There was a lovely surprise in the room when I got back. Some chocolate strawberries and bottle of wine which went down far too well!

    In the afternoon we headed to Tabocan Hot springs. There were 20+ pools and waterfalls in total, all heated by the volcano! The first few we're a bit crowded but there were so many further up the hill that you could easily find a private one! There was also a fabulous swim up bar!! We got chatting to a lovely Californian girl at who had lived in London for a few years, bringing the first Beats by Dre store to London (probably lost on you guys but they're a huge headphones brand, now owned by Apple).

    We ended the night with a dinner at the hot springs which was included in the price for an entrance ticket. Can't believe I've been lucky enough to spend another birthday on such a beautiful place. Thanks to everyone who made it so special!!
    Read more