Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 117

    Costa Rica Day 14 - 15 Manuel Antonio

    May 7, 2021 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    The next day we settled on a Kayak tour through the local Mangroves of Damas Island! This was brilliant and our guide .... was great at telling us about all 55 different types of mangrove and how much all wildlife benefits individually from each one. He also taught us about the importance of the mangroves and had some interesting insights on the comparisons of Palm Oil Plantations and Rice Fields (arguing both to be as bad as each other) Something which we had never previously considered but based on the land required alone seemed obvious!

    After this we headed back to our Jurassic Park beach, more confident this time based on advice from our mangrove guide that today would be 'the perfect day' for it... The walk seemed easier this time and with the dying element of worry no longer hanging over us we flew down! The weather again decided we weren't welcome and almost as we touched the sand a dark storm cloud appeared and the heavens opened! With some (even wetter) pictures we left again after minutes! Two trips - total walking time 3hours total beach time - 15 minutes haha!

    That evening we arranged to meet our friends from Gems birthday boat trip in Barbados that had randomly got in touch and were also in Costa Rica! They had some great recommendations for our whole trip through CR and didn't let us down with the restaurant choice of Sushi, it was delicious! We had more beers than food though and despite a great evening by 10pm the thought of our 4am bus to San Jose meant it was time for bed!
    Read more