Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    St. Gregory โ€ข Ozanian & Aram Statues

    August 7, 2019 in Armenia โ‹… ๐ŸŒ™ 28 ยฐC

    • ๐’๐š๐ข๐ง๐ญ ๐†๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐‚๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐๐ซ๐š๐ฅ
    Saint Gregory Cathedral is dedicated to Saint Gregory the Illuminator, the patron saint of the Armenian Apostolic Church, and serves as the spiritual center for Armenians worldwide.
    โœ“ The exterior of the cathedral is characterized by its stunning white stone facade, adorned with intricate carvings and decorative elements that reflect traditional Armenian architectural styles. The cathedral's dome towers over the city skyline, making it a prominent landmark in Yerevan.
    โœ“ Inside, the cathedral is adorned with beautiful frescoes, ornate carvings, and intricate artwork that tell the story of Armenia's rich Christian heritage. The altar is the focal point of the cathedral, adorned with religious icons and candles that create a serene and spiritual atmosphere.

    • ๐Ž๐ณ๐š๐ง๐ข๐š๐ง ๐€๐ง๐๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ค & ๐€๐ซ๐š๐ฆ ๐Œ๐š๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ค๐ข๐š๐ง ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ
    Adjacent to the cathedral are statues of prominent Armenian historical figures, including Ozanian Andranik and Aram Manoukian.

    โœ“ Andranik was a military leader and national hero known for his role in the Armenian liberation movement.

    โœ“Manoukian was a statesman and the first prime minister of the First Republic of Armenia.

    The statues serve as a tribute to these important figures in Armenian history and add to the cultural significance of the area surrounding the cathedral.
    Read more