Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Christo ha resucitado

    April 9, 2023 in Puerto Rico ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    Unfortunately, Emmit didn’t feel so great and had a quiet day in the hotel room. The rest of us good… so far.

    The day started with Easter Sunday Mass (in Spanish) at Catedral de San Juan Batista (built in 1511). Resucitado!

    It was a perfect day at the beach though we felt a little out of place. Too much clothing 👀 and not enough food. I must have looked like a stray dog eyeing up everyone’s food and drink options- grills with steak, burgers, ribs and nearly full bars- cerveza, vino, rum. There were plenty of palm trees to provide some shade for Noel (plus her sun hat) but her trademark eavesdropping wasn’t the same given the language barrier. Of course Millie quickly found a friend and they bounced around in the water for much of the afternoon. Josie and I ventured away from the main area to check out some tide pools. We ended up in an area where people did scuba and snorkel excursions. With a simple mask we did our best to blend in without obviously following.

    ✅ swimming with turtles!

    Some paella and chicken stuffed avocado highlighted dinner. Well, until a friendly cat joined our table- the girls named Pepe. Josie even looked into the process of being him home with us 🤦‍♂️ 😳 😜.
    Read more