Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Around Town

    March 17, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    The resort is located very near a Nature Reserve with 5 different walks. Tory and Christine set out in the late morning to explore while the boys volunteered to grocery shop.
    Who worked the hardest?
    Brian and Roger discovered, the hard way that most stores are closed on Sunday in Spain.
    Despite having researched on the internet the nearest store to us and its hours, we were thwarted. Our store had gone out of business and we were left at the mercy of our troublesome GPS. To its credit, it did locate all the grocery stores in the area and dutifully directed us correctly. Unfortunately all were closed. Somewhat daunted, but refusing to give up (we had seen people walking and appeared to be carrying grocery bags) we accosted 4 women for information. Two recommended we might buy some bread in the restaurant they had just left and the other two waved in a general directions we might try.
    Our luck finally changed and we stumbled upon an open store. Of course there was no parking so Roger parked illegally and Brian ran to shop. Success and ninety minutes later we were home, having put about 100 kilometres on the van.

    For dinner, we parked in town and walked around, checking out posted menus. We settled on a Mediterranean/Italian restaurant which was fine. Afterwards, we tried to walk a little but it was turning quite cool so we drove home.
    Read more