Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Inverness

    September 23, 2022 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Inverness is a beautiful mid-size town. The River Ness runs through it on its way to nearby Loch Ness. There are bridges, churches, steeples, town halls, blue plaques of historical significance, cobbled streeets, lots of tourists, pubs, inns and taverns wherever you look, restaurants, cafes, shops and arcades. And out further where the locals live, their homes and livelihoods.

    I mentioned in my previous footprint that we did not leave enough time for Inverness and that this was a mistake. In truth, there is a lot of really good stuff to see here and surrounding, but we were not in any shape to avail oursselves of it. The day of travelling here was one of two days planned, then to pack up and head off, relinquish the car and fly south again. It was simply beyond us, and we had to admit to ourselves that we could not keep going the way we had been. Something had to give.

    Thus, we have changed our plans for the final week of our UK Sojourn. We have abandoned Cornwall this time, and will extend our stay in Bristol by one day, then head back to London to stay three nights in a comfortable hotel to decompress and ready ourselves for the long and rather arduous flight back home. We are comfortable with our decision and feeling the better for it already.

    I post here a few pics of the beautiful Inverness. If you get a chance to come here one day, you should take it.
    Read more