Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Battery man ‍🦲

    April 26, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    It was a long day, that required much of our own battery power to keep us going....as we left Lekeitio we headed towards what would have been a most beautiful campsite on the edge of the world (it seemed) with its own tiny beaches, however upon arrival we were greeted by the sheep and no sign of it being open...

    We had driven from Basque Country into the Asturias and it seems that the Covid restrictions were different?!

    We departed (hoping to return another time) and headed to a rest stop (which the caravan part was also closed🧐) in Llanes to meet up with some fellow campervaners that we had planned to meet at the previous camp. There we hatched a plan to drive to a different camp in the Picos de Europa, an hour or so away. And in the Cantabria region of northern Spain. Beautiful. Let’s go! Each prepared for take off, but Frank wouldn’t start.... poor Frank seemed to have used up all his battery too....😔

    After a few attempts to jump start, and some help from some kind strangers/truckers in the rest stop (with our broken Spanish) who seemed to know much more then we, and a few phone-a-friend sessions, still we couldn’t get that engine to start...so then it was time for a brief call to the insurance in Switzerland, and within 30mins a pickup truck arrived and a man (with a really friendly face, we saw later when his mask was off in the safety of his car😷) with his super charger battery pack arrived got Frank’s engine revving again. Talk about efficiency. He and Tobi spoke (bravo Tobi with an impressive command of Spanish when talking batteries and cars and engines!?👏🏻) and it was clear, the battery was kaput.
    So, without much delay we tailed him back to his workshop and there as quick as anything swapped the old for a new and Frank was back up and running!! Thank you battery man!

    Ready to continue our journey to the Picos, and Frank is as powerful as ever. 🔋🚐
    Read more