Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 103

    Mountains passes to cliff grasses

    July 23, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    A long and winding road lead us all the way from the site in Picos north towards Santander area. This gave us plenty of time to think….it had been a hard evening as we struggled to find a single place to take a PCR test that would enable us to arrive in Ireland within the cursed 72hr window….difficult when the ferry trip alone takes 26hours…the time left is not much to play with. Oh and the Spanish don’t seem to do any sort of testing after 2pm 🤨 a solution still wasn’t found as we headed off north in the hopes for a test….

    It was still morning and the valley was covered by a thick cloud blanket, like staring into a sea of clouds, magic! We descended down the ever winding roads into white abyss and out the other side towards the Atlantic sea …..later we found a perfect spot atop a cliff with a few other wild campers. Sunset in the evening to our left, sunrise in the morning to our right. A very dreamy spot in the north of Spain, one we’d happily visit again!

    We also managed to find a small hospital in Mompia who have testing and lab on site,….we will take the test and pray for results to come back on time!
    Read more