Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 105

    Testing times

    July 25, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Travels, or movement of any kinds these days is not without its challenges. This has been made ever more clear with our struggle to get to Ireland. The last 72 hours have been testing, in more ways than just a swab up the nose.

    Finding the PCR test centre and lab was in itself an ordeal (but we did it! Yay!), since then, the guarantee of getting the results that same evening and then the window for departure closing quickly…we’ve had our work cut out for us. All evening (with very little sleep) and this morning we’ve been attempting to contact anyone to help. Finally we got through to Alvaro, a kind man who listened and helped us out. Turns out they had made typos on both our applications for the PCR by adding a letter and a wrong number to our passport numbers….(classic mistake due to intelligible handwriting) 😒 this meant our data was completely inaccessible until corrected. And it was corrected, and JUST in the nick of time.

    With our tummies both in a twist we could check into the ferry terminal and now we await departure to Ireland.

    As soon as we can put foot and Frank on Irish soil we will be happy!!!

    Travels in these times is always a test, of mental strength and nerves.
    Read more