Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 133

    Dublins fair city

    August 22, 2021 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    So after our first ever amature hurling match in Ennistymon a few weeks again, we became fast hurling fans….and we scored tickets to the GAA All-Ireland hurling final in Croke Park. The first live sporting event in a crowd of 40,000….wowza. Limerick (the favourites) vs Cork (the “real capital”) …who would be victorious….

    We took the Luas (dublin tram) into the heart of the city, and got a good feed before - Ramen time! Then a few pints of the black stuff in Grogans before we headed over to the north side and joined the crowd walking to the station clad in their reds or greens….

    The atmosphere in the city was palpable…brilliant and alive. Great to be part of once again.

    We arrived in the stadium, took our seats. Socially distanced and masked and enjoyed 70mins of high scoring hurling. Although Limerick quickly asserted themselves as leader and then victors, the game was even better from above in the stands. Watching these lads, with legs of muscle, run up and down the field and hit what seems like impossible shots through the posts time and again!

    We dined with some Korean food back in the centre and a few bar hops before a brief stroll in Stephens green!

    Dublin city, even on a Sunday, alive alive oh.
    Read more