Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Tesla Technical Museum

    October 3, 2021 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Nikola Tesla was an ethnic Serb who was born in a town that is part of Croatia. He became a naturalized US citizen, and it is here where his most famous work was done. He is probably best known for his work with electricity. He is a fascinating character with a brilliant mind.
    The museum traces the history of technology in many areas: steam power, mining, transportation, space, etc There is a planetarium, a mock up of a mine, and more. Only one section of the museum is dedicated to Tesla himself. That is where most of these pictures were taken as that was my primary interest.
    The 1st picture is the entrance to the Tesla exhibit. This picture on the wall is of his home that was restored after being damaged during the Balkans War. The 2nd picture is a bust of Tesla.
    The next 3 pictures are all working examples of experiments Tesla ran and used to demonstrate his concepts and patents. Yes, the 3rd picture is of the one where electric arcs formed, creating "lightening and thunder". The other 2 show a couple of the systems for creating and transmitting electric power.
    The last picture looks over a portion of the rest of the museum. This section displays examples of the development of manned flight.
    Read more