Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 6

    Hobbiton

    10. tammikuuta 2023, Uusi Seelanti ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    Welcome to Middle Earth! Or kia ora, as they say here. This is the set used for the town in the Shire in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie trilogies and now in the Rings of Power. Being an avid fan of the novels and the movies, I'm thrilled to finally be here.
    If you've seen the movies, most of these pictures will look familiar.
    The 1st picture, of course, needs no explanation. The 2nd is the cart path where Gandalf is seen arriving at Hobbiton and the road where Bilbo yells "I'm going on an adventure!" in the 1st hobbit movie.
    The 3rd picture looks across a working vegetable garden to a hill. Near the top, is a hobbit hole with a green door with a tree above. That's Bag End. The 4th picture is a closer look at Bag End, Bilbo and Frodo's home. The 5th picture is down the hill at the end of Bagshot Row. This is Sam and Rosie's house at the end of Return of the King.
    The 6th and 7th pictures show one of the cinematography tricks. The one where I'm standing would be used for hobbits and dwarves to make them look smaller. The smaller one in the 7th picture would have been used for Gandalf and other non-small people to make them look taller.
    You may recall that Thoron Oakenshield and company made a contract to employ Bilbo as their burglar to retrieve the Arkenstone. The 8th picture is that contract.
    The 9th picture is the Party Tree where Bilbo hosted his birthday party and pulled off his disappearing act.
    The last picture looks across Hobbiton to the Mill Pond. On the back and to the right you can see the Green Dragon Pub (see another post), the stone bridge and the Mill, all familiar from the movies.
    Lue lisää