Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 12

    One Ring to Bind Them

    16 gennaio 2023, Nuova Zelanda ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Meet Halfdan Hansen, eldest son of the late Jens Hanson. Jens Hansen was a master jeweler, acclaimed artisan and one of the founders of the craft jewelry movement in New Zealand. He is the creator of the "the one ring to bind them." In fact, he created all the rings of power for the films.
    Halfdan is standing in front of their shop in the 1st picture. In the 2nd picture, he is holding one of the many sizes of the ring that were made. It was this size ring that Elrond laid on the table in Rivendell before the journey. All props were made in multiple sizes to make them fit into scale with the height of each character by using cinematographic trickery. Given that all the actors were more or less the same height, the tricks were used to make the hobbits and dwarves short and the elves and humans tall.
    The 3rd picture is of a tray of more of the rings in the movies. It needs to be said that these rings are replicas, not originals. Those are with the production company.
    The 4th picture is in the Jens Hansen company jewelry workshop. There are old and new tools here. For example, the white machine in the center is a laser.
    Leggi altro