Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Gard de Lyon to Barcelona Sants

    July 12, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    After a slow start of packing and eating breakfast we said au reviour to Plug Inn hostel and started the first interior journey of our trip from Gard de Lyon to Lyon Part Dieu and then onto Barcelona. It was 20 minutes late so hopefully we'll still have time to change.
    We managed to catch the connecting train 🚆 14.35 from Lyon to Barcelona 19.35. Our journey was 5 hours long but felt like a couple of hours as we were so distracted by our surroundings, it seemed to contract time.
    Coming out of the station Barcelona Sants the day is still light and 29 degrees. We set out on foot, found the main tree lined pedestrian avenue which would lead to our road: Carre de Paris. The seats outside small bars are being filled with people drinking cerveza: a mix of generations chatting underneath an urban canopy of green plane trees. We visited an air conditioned supermarket and stocked up on bread cheese and ham and even walked three blocks more before we realised we'd past our hotel! We're now settled at Sunotel tired and showered watching Shrek. We will visit the pool in the morning ... very different experience from the last hostel. Updates on Barcelona tomorrow but so far this place is wonderful, friendly and warm. Bon noche.
    Read more