Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Barcelona rooftops and moon rise

    July 13, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Mas Que Nada is playing at Sunotel, why would you go anywhere else? Its 31 oc and the hotel has its own rooftop pool and hot tub the latter seeming futile but the former, a welcome plunge. Looking down 7 floors you can see the plane trees line the road below.

    Down on the street people are going about their daily business. It's been 6 days and we've accumulated 3 persons worth of laundry, so we follow google map grid system of Barceliona 2 blocks down and found a laundromat with fab acoustics.

    Then the second half of the day involved walking again, this time along the playas. I had read somewhere that on a full moon the locals gather together and celebrate the moon on the beach.

    As we walked over the sand there was no moon in sight the sun was setting and the sky looked hazy.

    The evening paned out like pretty much like every evening in an outside resturant: chatting eating and drinking. Just then the moon began to rise above the sea line. It was red at first and everyone gasped and began to run to the waters edge. It was a lovely moment with locals without any language barriers to understand we were sharing the same experience.
    Read more