Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 7

    A day of roads - Roman and othes - Puent

    29 mai 2023, Espagne ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    After the storm - we left Puente La Reina around 8 after an abortive attempt to find coffee and a wait for the rain to stop finally. Slept quite badly for some reason (probably too much good red wine the night before) so was a bit tired for most of the day. Really wanted cherries but they were not to be had until a fruit shop in Estella.
    Despite feeling a bit grumpy I had a lovely day - more beautiful scenery and large sections along a Roman road.
    Hostal in Estella was a 4 bed female room in a very interesting old building. We already knew our room mates having met them along the Way - one was an Israeli girl who lives in a kibbutz arrangement in Akko - close to where I was on Kibbutz Shomrat when I was 17.
    We tried to wash some clothes but the heavens opened again - briefly - but still meant we needed to dry them in the room - slightly awkward when sharing but in the end they dried with the help of a bit of hair dryer input.
    Lively and lovely evening - first eating at Mundo - I had a delicious poke bowl - then met up with Bego and Kim and their friend Concha for a cup of tea before a reasonably early night which I really needed.
    Slight disagreement with one of the roommates who didn’t want any windows open owing to the sound of the river (I thought it was v soothing!). But room eventually cooled down- one window was allowed to be opened - and slept pretty well - thank goodness.
    En savoir plus