Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 8

    A day of layered landscapes - Tuesday 30

    30 Mei 2023, Sepanyol ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Left Estella at 7.30. Out through the town and into a landscape of cornfields, wheat fields, olive groves and vineyards. Around 8 we found the wine fountain - really a bit early but everyone drank a little and saved some more for later. It belongs to the vineyard and is a famous spot on the Camino.
    Blue sky and mountains in the background. Layers of colours that made me want to paint - maybe I’ll find a painting class when I get home!
    Finally found coffee in Iguzquiza - also tortilla and cake! But I mainly ate cherries form yesterday.
    Continued walking to Villamayor de Mondjardin where we filled water bottles as had been told that water was scarce after this. Gently undulating path after Villamayor. The joy of a food truck half way to los Arcos where we bought ice cream.
    Altogether another day when I felt very very lucky to be doing this.
    Arrived in Los Arcos around 2.30 and checked in at our pension - Ostradar.
    After washing clothes went to explore the town, drank beers and arranged dinner with Denis and Bernie and Sheryl and Janice. €14 delicious three course pilgrims meal including wine. The church was open after dinner - extraordinarily beautiful.
    Very tired now.
    Baca lagi