Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Arrive early owing to covid restrictions

    June 3, 2021 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Once in the terminal you notice that 1) there is no one there, and 2) most of the shops are closed. Luton has been voted the worst airport in England, and I can't see that changing any time soon! At least there was one coffe shop open so we did mange to get a coffee, but all other places were closed. So we decided to go through. But no! We were too early and the auto barriers were remianed closed to us. A helpful guard explained that we were actually 6 minutes early, so we stood there for 6 minutes before the barriers would allow us in.

    Went through to security and never have I seen such a deserted place. There was no one, we were alone in the security area with just 5 security guards waiting for a customer! Obviously that was a breeze.

    Had 4 hours to wait for the flight, so much for arriving early. As previous pictures show, it was mostly empty and most of the shops were closed. Only Pret Mange and a pub were open, so we had a sandwich and headed for the pub. This place was a bargain at 7 pound a pint!, but with nothing else open what can you do!!.

    Had no probllems with the dubious boarding cards so got on the flight and it even arrived 15 minutes early.

    When we arrived in Portugal the passport control was a breezy and the arrivals hall was as empty as Luton, but at least we were here.

    Arrives hall Porto
    Read more