Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    A day of wandering

    January 17, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 32 °C

    Amazing day wandering this beautiful city. Started with a walk towards the river with a confused look on our faces and a tuk-tuk driver picked us out of the crowds and convinced us to take a long boat ride instead of the hop on hop off boat. The private boat was a nice experience, two temples later, Pretty sure we spent too much on the longboat but the experience was worth it.
    Wat Pho what is next on our list and it was outstanding! The weather is starting to be quite hot at this time of day so the shaded areas were most welcome. We were lucky enough to experience the monks in the temple with their chanting and the Buddha's were everywhere inside of the complex. We also learned that the Buddhas with the flame on top of their heads were the ones that reached divine wisdom where are the other buddha’s we’re their protectors. After that we were more than happy to have a beautiful lunch in an air-conditioned area.
    We tried to gain entrance to the Saranrom Palace but it was closed for the day so the kind gentleman helped us to get a tuk-tuk to a number of different areas starting with the tall Buddha at the golden mount. Then we received some excellent advice and details from a volunteer who had spent time in British Columbia as well as Alberta. We visited a export centre which had one week no tax per year for sapphires and rubies mined out of Thailand. That was 195% tax savings! Then off to the suit makers and we both are having beautiful suits made, yippee! By this time our tuk-tuk driver was tired of our company and chose to deliver us with a pout on his face to a metro station which was completely on the other end of town! Still with smiles on our faces we took the train home to prepare for Jay Fai, our Michelin chef experience!
    Read more