Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Keats

    July 6, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    We were able to sleep until 9 am, although Brad and I were up for a bit in the middle of the night because of jet lag. I even had to wake Evan up so we could get going!

    It was another cooker of a day! I'll probably just stop writing that because it's going to be 32c every day. Anyway, we gave up trying not to look like tourists and bought iced coffees AND walked around with them (no one does that here). Evan tried to keep cool by sucking on the huge spheres of ice that cooled our drinks.

    We walked to the Trevi Fountain, which Evan was familiar with from Lego. It was crowded and the police kept whistling at people who dared to sit on the edge, but despite the chaos it was really a sight to behold! Evan commented on how big it is and how he didn't expect it to be so large.

    After a few photos, we made our way to the Spanish Steps and took more touristy photos. Luckily the fountain was working, so Evan got in line to fill his water bottle.

    We walked over to the Keats- Shelley House, which will be meaningless unless you have some familiarity with the Romantic writers. I often teach poetry by Keats, Shelley, and Byron so it was really interesting to see letters written by them and to see the house that Keats died in.

    It was near noon by now and so we started our long walk back to our apartment for lunch and some R&R.
    Read more