Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Rome

    July 12, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    For our last night, we decided that we needed to try suppli (a fried rice ball often filled with cheese). Brad had had suppli at Bir&Fud before the Ryan Adams concert last night, so he wanted to take us there to try them.

    When we arrived there, we were informed that they were having issues with their kitchen, so we couldn't get suppli but we could get wood fired pizzas. We were glad we stayed because not only were the beers delicious, but so was the pizza! Brad and I shared a pizza that had zucchini blossoms, buffalo mozzarella, and strips of pork fat on it. It sounds crazy, but it was so good! Evan stuck with a traditional margherita pizza (he had a whole pizza himself).

    Still on the hunt for suppli, we checked TripAdvisor and discovered we were quite close to the number 2 suppli place in Rome. We walked for a bit before we found this hole in the wall that was indeed serving suppli (and other things) for take out (you could eat in, but you were basically just in the way of the crowd). Brad bravely faced the horde trying to order (there is no real belief in lining up for things here). He emerged with four supplis: potato, rice and marinara, carbonara, and cheese. We wandered over to the outdoor theatre to sit on a bench and share our supplis. They were hot, salty, and deliciously creamy! Definitely worth the search.

    We were now stuffed to the gils and we still had to pack, so we walked home and got to sorting our stuff. Tomorrow we take the take to Firenze (Florence)!
    Read more