Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Home!

    July 26, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Our travel day was very long. We were out of our apartment by 9 and we walked to the bus station, which meant hauling our luggage over a lot of bridges! Whew. Anyway, we caught the bus to the Marco Polo Airport, which is very small. It was a bit trying to find where to check in and where to go through security, but we had arrived in plenty of time so we weren't worried.

    We had to board a bus to take asked to our plane which was on the tarmac. Then, due to a mechanical error we had to wait on the tarmac for an hour. We finally took off a bit later than we were supposed to but we were happy to be in the air. Our flight was about 8.5 hours and, besides the length, it was a fine flight.

    We arrived in Toronto just after 4 pm local time (10 pm Italian time!) and went through customs and security again. We grabbed a quick bite and then boarded our flight home. By the time we reached Winnipeg it was after 8, which was way past our Italian bedtime! We were all exhausted, but still had a taxi ride before we were completely done our traveling.

    It was so nice to walk into our house again! We successfully transported our olive oil, balsamic vinegar, two bottles of Chianti Classico, and a huge chunk of parmigiana regiano home! We all unpacked and took some time to look at our souvenirs before heading to bed. The trip went by so quickly, but we were so lucky to have had such an incredible trip with so many memories!
    Read more