Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Views and Stews

    July 7, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Everyone takes one elevator to get to the 80th floor where there is an exhibit about the building. Then you board another elevator to get to the 86th floor to see the views!

    It was quite cool and windy at the top, so I think that deterred a number of tourists from hanging around too long. We enjoyed taking our time to see New York, which you could see most of because it was a clear evening. Evan liked stoping at the lookouts and looking through all of them. Eventually, we decided to head back down, but this time we walked the six flights instead of waiting for the elevator. We checked out the gift shop and a Evan bought a NYC Taxi pen and then we took the elevator to the ground level.

    The restaurant we had reservations for wasn’t too far away, so we walked over to Her Name is Han. We were able to get our table right away, which was great because there appeared to be a lot of people waiting outside. The menu was lengthy, but it had pictures of most dishes. This was helpful because we aren’t especially well versed in Korean food.

    We decided to order pork dumplings, potato croquettes, bulgogi, and a soup that had noodles, mussels, clams, rice dumplings, hard boiled eggs, shrimp, and a spicy fish broth. Evan loved the bulgogi! I’m sure he’d have eaten it all if we’d let him. The soup was moderately spicy (enough to make your nose run a little) and so delicious! They served our meal with a variety of accompaniments as well (kimchi, pickled vegetables, etc.). There were so many dishes we wanted to try, so it’s too bad we can’t go back soon!

    After our meal, we walked to Times Square. It was bananas! I guess seeing that it was Saturday night and a nice night at that, everyone was out! As we got closer to the square, the crowd just got thicker and thicker! We all had to stay close while checking out all the action. Next, we made our way to Rockefeller Center. It wasn’t quite as busy so we spent some time looking around and viewing the art installations that’s currently there.

    By this time we were exhausted, so we took the M3 bus back to Harlem and called it a night around midnight.
    Read more