Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Tofino or Bust

    July 5, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    It was time to leave Victoria. We cleaned up our condo and then went to Bows and Arrows for a latte and a quick waterfront tour of Victoria, and then we hit the road. Highway driving in BC is not as fast (for good reason, those mountain roads are narrow!) and not as slick as MB highway driving. So, our drive felt longer than it should have. However, it was certainly a more beautiful drive than any MB drive!

    We stopped briefly in Nanaimo for lunch at Longwood Brewpub and feasted on salmon burgers, seafood chowder, and a power bowl before getting back on the highway.

    We made a short pit stop near Kennedy Lake to stretch our legs and climb on the rocks there. There was a glacial stream and pool that were so completely clear that it was almost hard to believe.

    As we got closer to Tofino, there was construction that stopped traffic briefly. However, the roads they were working on made the actual traveling space quite narrow! I tried to get a picture, but I don’t think it does it justice. Brad did a stellar job navigating our car through the twists and turns though!

    We finally rolled into town at 5ish and got to our AirBnB, which was even more spacious than the photos. We dropped off our stuff and then Brad and I went to Pacific Surf Co to pick up his wet suit and surf board. We got the board tied to the top of our vehicle and headed back home. You don’t seem to fit in in Tofino if you don’t have a surf board strapped to your vehicle!
    Read more