Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Tacofino, Hiking, and Wolf in the Fog

    July 6, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    After we left the beach, we headed back to our place so Brad could shower and rinse off his wetsuit. We packed our stuff and drove down to Tacofino where the line was long, but moving quickly. Evan had a pork burrito, while Brad and I shared a crispy chicken burrito and two tacos: cod and pork. Everything was delicious and maybe slightly better than their outpost in Victoria.

    Bellies full, we drove about 25 minutes to a hiking trail that took us through the rainforest. It was raining a bit as we traversed the forest, so that seemed apropos. Evan said it was like walking through Jurassic Park!

    The hike was 5 km and took us over an hour to complete. We were feeling in need of refreshments, so we drove back towards town and stopped in at Tofino Brewing, which was packed! After a wait, we decided to head back to our place and just have a beer we brought from Victoria instead.

    We had been looking forward to our dinner at Wolf in the Fog since we made it months ago. We started with humboldt squid (everyone loved this dish!), shrimp toast with red onion and fennel, and grilled octopus. Then we decided to share the baked halibut which came with white beans, grilled green onions, green beans, and fennel sausage. It was perfect! Brad and I opted out of dessert, but Evan indulged in the peanut butter and jelly deconstructed sandwich (baguette, peanut butter powder and ice cream, and grape jelly). It was all worth the wait!

    We walked home quite content and ready for bed!
    Read more