Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    NFL NewEngland Patriots @ Miami Dolphins

    October 29, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    After the boat trip we rushed to the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami to finish the next sports must see on my to do list: NFL! This was the sports event I was most excited for, sadly we have been a little late. The traffic around the stadium was crazy! If you look at the stadium on Google Maps you should think there are enough parking lots, but NOPE! Everyone was looking for a place to park. The residents around the stadium trying to sell their yards for $50 or more. We tried to get on one of the official parking lots, but the security guy told us to drive to the next Wal Mart and park there. We ended up on the parking lot from Subway for $40. Unfortunately, we missed the run-in, the national anthem, and the kick-off, but the game and the atmosphere was amazing. It is so different to German soccer games. The dolphins won the game! And I can still dance to the lyrics of the "Fins to the left / Fins to the right" song.

    Nach der Bootsfahrt eilten wir zum Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, um das nächste Sport-Muss auf meiner To-Do-Liste abzuschließen: NFL! Das war das Sportereignis, auf das ich mich am meisten gefreut habe, leider waren wir ein bisschen spät dran. Der Verkehr rund um das Stadion war verrückt! Wenn man sich das Stadion auf Google Maps ansieht, sollte man meinen, dass es genügend Parkplätze gibt, aber NOPE! Jeder war auf der Suche nach einem Platz zum Parken. Die Anwohner rund um das Stadion versuchten, ihre Höfe für 50 Dollar oder mehr zu verkaufen. Wir versuchten, auf einen der offiziellen Parkplätze zu kommen, aber der Sicherheitsbeamte sagte uns, wir sollten zum nächsten Wal Mart fahren und dort parken. So landeten wir auf dem Parkplatz von Subway für 40 Dollar. Leider haben wir den Einlauf, die Nationalhymne und den Anpfiff verpasst, aber das Spiel und die Atmosphäre waren toll. Es ist so anders als bei deutschen Fußballspielen. Die Dolphins haben das Spiel gewonnen! Und ich kann immer noch zu dem Text des Liedes "Fins to the left / Fins to the right" tanzen.
    Read more