Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Day 50 - Jump in the Pool

    June 10, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Woke up early & sat at the table & chairs by the bird feeders. There was a constant stream of birds that are attracted to the seeds & sugared water.

    My favourite are the Black-Chinned Hummingbirds, but we have a whole family of Gambel‘ s Quail complete with 12 chicks, Northern Cardinals, Red-Tailed Hawk, Northern Mockingbird, Pine Siskin, doves, woodpeckers, house finches & sparrows & many more. Too many to mention or identify!

    We also have a resident Desert Spiny Lizard & it’s mate, ground squirrels & rabbits. Coyotes are regular visitors, but we have only heard them not seen them & occasionally a Bobcat passes through.

    Jackie got up at 8.00am & announced that there was a dead mouse in the pool, I left Jackie to deal with that. After breakfast, we plonked down on our sun beds & lilos and literally did nothing, apart from wash the car.

    The only thing of note is that at lunchtime, we had a solitary beer each, then stupidly decided it was a good time to doing some star jumps off the diving board. Jackie did 3 or 4 while I tried to capture a decent photo, but unfortunately it had the effect of shaking up all the beer inside her. She went queasy & just made it to the bathroom to throw up. I think there is a moral to this......

    The day had been a positively pleasant 95 degrees with just the odd wispy cloud (I imagine it is similar in the UK being the middle of June!). Around 6.00pm, our sunbathing was rudely put on hold by a dark cloud that drifted over & watered the garden for half an hour.

    Charlie & I finished up the Cottage Pie, whilst Jackie had salad. We had a glass of wine & a relatively early night.

    Song of the Day - Jump (For My Love) by The Pointer Sisters.

    Bonus Song of the Day :-

    Hummingbird by B.B. King
    Read more