Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Day 8 - Novi.........What?

    August 11, 2020 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Woke up at the ridiculous hour of about 2.30am & read right through to 8.00am when Jackie finally stirred. We had breakfast around 9.00am & ate as much meat & cheese as we reasonably could.

    Prior to going down to breakfast Jackie wondered that her vest top might be a bit too skimpy, but she needn’t have worried because one woman was in what could only best be described as a swimsuit & another in a short nightie.

    Today we were trying out a different beach a bit further down the coast that got a good review on beach-inspector.com. The beach was just north of the Russian poison sounding named town of Novigrad.

    The beach turned out to be a little gem. The parking was free and there were virtually no kids. Bonus. Our booties paid dividends in the rocky sea.

    The only strange thing that occurred during the morning was Mr & Mrs Plastic Surgery unloaded all their gear, including a large rubber dinghy, novelty rubber ring, cooler box, tent & 2 rubber mats on the beach pretty much next to us. Then got back in their car & disappeared for nearly 2 hours. We were close to having a rummage in their cooler box. When they returned they flounced about on the beach flaunting the expensive fake assets.

    Other than that, there was nothing much else to report. We had a liquid only lunch at a very nice little bar & we didn’t leave the beach until 5.30pm.

    We returned to the very quiet B&B to discover that the green ‘please make my room up’ card on our door was turned the other way to red. Jackie swears blind that she had left it the other way. I believe her. The result was that Jackie had to make the bed before getting ready for the evening!

    It was the same routine as the previous night, we took a bottle of wine to the back of the B&B & planned our route to the campsite. We then went to dinner to discover that the restaurant was packed. As ‘regulars’, they managed to find us a nice table off to one side.

    Unfortunately the service was shocking. There was only 1 waitress & and an inexperienced waiter serving way too many diners. The owner/manager was nowhere to be seen. They couldn’t cope. It did us a favour, because we only drank a beer & a small carafe of wine. I had the gnocchi again & Jackie had black tagliatelle with prawns & aubergine. The quality of the food wasn’t compromised by the busyness.

    When we ordered the bill, we informed the nice waitress, who had taken our photo on Jackie’s birthday, that the service had been poor. She was profusely apologetic & said that lots of people had descended on the restaurant without prior booking. They had been expecting a quiet night, particularly as there were only a couple of guests including us in the B&B. As compensation, she gave us an espresso coffee & a glass of grappa each, thus redeeming the restaurant service in our eyes.

    And so it was off to our comfortable bed for the last time for the foreseeable future .

    Song of the Day : Plastic Doll by Lady Gaga.
    Read more