Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 5 — La Concha Beach

    June 15, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We had a fabulous night sleep & both woke up at 8am. It was 10.45 am when we finally left our room & headed out for the day. First stop was a little cafe for coffee and a croissant, then we returned to the car park to retrieve our beach mats & sarongs.

    As planned we then hit San Sebastián’s famous La Concha Beach. It is a crescent of soft yellow sand around the bay. We found our spot & settled in for the day. The beach was busy, but at no point was anyone sat too uncomfortably close to us. The beach was also super clean to the point that I assumed that eating, drinking & smoking was banned on the beach. The sea was cold but not too cold to have a wee in!

    Around 1pm, Jackie decided that she could do with a drink. I found a bar under the arches, but because there were no customers & because I am a tight-arse I assumed it would be exorbitantly priced. I gave Jackie the bad news, but she was now on a mission & went back to the bar, returning with 2 pints of beer at the cost of just €3 each. Not being a tight-arse, I went back for a couple of further rounds.

    We left the beach at 6.40pm and I can safely say that San Sebastián and it’s beach lived up to all its hype. It had been a superb day.

    It was too late to go back to the Pension to get ready to go out, so we hit the Pintxo bars in the old town instead. We visited 5 different Pintxo bars drinking beer and wine & sampling an array of Pintxos………..when in Rome! Jackie had mainly fish & seafood Pintxos, whist my selections included mushrooms, ham, sausage & goats cheese. All cracking little bite-sized delights. In our eyes, San Sebastián also lived up to it’s culinary critical acclaim.

    Just after 9pm we retired to our Pension.

    Song of the Day : San Sebastián by Alien Ant Farm.
    Read more