Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Day 14 - 28th Wedding Anniversary

    June 24, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    We were awoken around 9am by Veronica knocking on our tent to say goodbye. We managed to get out of bed to say goodbye properly before they hit the road back to Santander and home.

    With us both feeling slightly special, Jackie gave me an anniversary card & made me a bacon baguette for breakfast. I was feeling now also guilty because I had forgotten or been too busy to buy a card, so I made amends by doing the washing up again, whilst Jackie washed more clothes.

    We finally hit the beach at midday, sat in our usual spot & stayed there until 7pm. The beach was busy with locals as it was the weekend & another pod of dolphins swam past, but slightly too far away to photograph.

    As it was our anniversary, Jackie decided she wasn’t going to cook, but we would eat in the campsite restaurant. We chose the 3 course meal for €13.50 each & it was absolutely beautiful & such great value. For starters, Jackie had a plate of mussels with a garlic & lime dressing, whilst I had the cream of pumpkin soup. For mains, we both chose the ‘pork surprise’ while turned out to be a pork loin with an accompanying sweet chutney & chips. For dessert, I had the cherry cheesecake, while Jackie chose what she thought was a crème brûlée, but turned out to be a double baked cheesecake. Jackie doesn’t eat cheesecake, so to save her embarrassment, which is what you do on your 28th wedding anniversary, I ate it for her!!!!

    We finished the evening with a white wine nightcap & had an early night.

    Song of the Day : Anniversary by Duran Duran.
    Read more