Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 34

    Day 34 - Oh No, Spanish Spring Break

    14. juli 2023, England ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    I had a wonderful sleep and got up at 6.30am, only for Jackie to allege that I had kept her and the rest of the campsite awake all night with my snoring.

    We had baguette and jam for breakfast then headed out for the beach. We drove the mile and a half to Karraspio Beach at Lekeitio. When we arrived at the car park we found ourselves in a queue of cars all waiting for a space to become available. Nightmare.

    We drove to the other side of the town and after scouring the streets, we found a parking space in a backstreet. My phone told me that it was a 1.1 mile walk back to Karraspio Beach. The walk was actually not too bad taking us along the harbour front, past the other two town beaches and over a bridge back to Karraspio Beach.

    The beach was busy, but we found a spot that wasn’t too bad. We made the most of the sun, because the weather forecast was not looking great for our last few days of the trip. At lunchtime we visited the beach Taverna & had a couple of cold beers for €2.50 a pint.

    During the afternoon, the beach got progressively busier with groups of only male or female teenagers. To be fair to them they were all really well behaved, the girls either sunbathing or swimming & the boys playing football at the water’s edge. It was strange to see that they weren’t mixing together.

    We packed up at 6pm and were shocked to see just how many people were now on the beach. The other beaches were just, if not even more, as busy. We felt like we could have been in Benidorm or Torremolinos. We stopped at a Eroski Supermarket for more wine, then headed home.

    The shower blocks are an interesting experience at the campsite. There are 5 shower cubicles in both the men’s and women’s shower blocks, but they do not have any hooks in the cubicles. Presumably the idea is that you shower then dry & dress in the communal area.

    Jackie had an interesting experience in that when she came out of the cubicle, she was confronted with the sight of a large naked French woman applying pile cream to her backside. She had a gaggle of shouting kids running around, but still she tried to make conversation with Jackie during her cream application. Jackie very quickly made her excuses & left, claiming that she didn’t understand. She had to return later to retrieve her hairbrush that she had left in her rush.

    That evening, Jackie made a delicious Arabiatta Rigatoni with a Caesar salad. And a bottle or 2 of white wine.

    Song of the Day : Girls & Boys by The Subways.
    Les mer