Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 39

    Day 39 - Staring At the Sea

    19 juli 2023, Engeland ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We both slept like babies, then at 9.30am we went to the restaurant for our much anticipated full English breakfast. It consisted of 2 small sausages, a pile of streaky bacon, baked beans, a hash brown, half a tomato, toast & a puddle of scrambled egg. It tasted better than it looked, but probably didn’t justify the cost of €11 each with a coffee.

    After breakfast we fined Brittany Ferries for their overpriced breakfast by dousing ourselves with expensive perfume and aftershave testers, then rubbing handfuls of Clarins most expensive revitalising creams into our faces.

    We then took to the top deck and sat in plastic chairs staring out to sea. Mr Orca Watcher stated that dolphins had been spotted earlier that morning. We stayed out all day, but didn’t see a thing. Occasionally I saw able to listen to the cricket when I got a 4G signal on my phone.

    As we approached Portsmouth Harbour we passed a large cruise ship, Regal Princess, heading out on a trip around the UK. The disembarkation was another straightforward affair, although Border Force did question me as to why I had been out to Ghana, which led to me divulging that I was an ex-copper and I was currently working at Manston. They soon let us through after that revelation.

    We then raced back to Haywards Heath just in time to pick up a takeaway curry that Jackie had set her heart on.

    Note: Apart from the breakfast, we were both super impressed with our Brittany Ferries crossing to and back from Bilbao, however we could imagine it could be a very different experience if the Ferry was up to maximum capacity and full of children.

    Song of the Day : Celebrate by An Emotional Fish.
    Meer informatie