Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Trains and Boats and Harry Potter

    September 5, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Today we ventured out to do out Big Red Bus Tour and the Thames River Cruise. It has been a stinking hot day here in Londinium, reached 30 degrees. Not so hot you 'd think but it is very sticky. So glad I packed some shorts!

    We jumped on the brilliant tube to get ourselves to Kings Cross Station to go to the Harry Potter shop on Platform 9 3/4. We had a good look around at all of the stuff (and there was alot of stuff) and Dan bought a wand and some Butter Beer.

    We grabbed some lunch and made our way to Victoria Station where we would meet the bus at nearby Victoria Coach Station.

    We had a fantastic double decker bus tour all around central London and stopped at a few of the good touristy sights. Went to Buckingham Palace to say GDay to Chuck and Milly but they weren't home unfortunately.

    Went to Westminster Abbey, did a lap past No 10, drove by Piccadilly Circus, hung out at Trafalgar Square and drove around some beautiful places in London Town before getting on the boat.

    The boat took us up the Thames past Execution Dock and under Tower Bridge and London Bridge and then spun around to take us down stream past the OXO Building, Big Ben, Parliament to the London Eye. Where we got off to get back on the bus to take us back to Vic Station where we headed back home.

    What a great way to spend our 25th Anniversary. Going to the local pub for dinner. We are pretty worn out and I can't feel my knees anymore 😉. Not really sure what we have planned for tomorrow but we'll think of something!
    Read more