Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Hamleys Toy Store and Barbican Lunch

    September 6, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    Today we have had a relatively easy day. We lazily got up and and took our time with our breaky before jumping on the Tube to make our way to Hamleys Toy Store on Regent Street

    It is spread over many floor with a Harry Potter Shop in the basement. You can get any type of toy you like there. I mostly concentrated on the Playmobil and Lego but we still did the Star Wars, Harry Potter, Gaming and all the other sections (and there were many).

    Unfortunately for us and all the other customers the air con was being fixed and it got to 31 deg today. I miss our pampered air conditioned buildings.

    After Hamleys we had a wander around Regent Street ans surrounds. It's a pretty nice part of town. Full of expensive clothing stores and jewellery shops. We made our way to where Adams office is which is very near a lovely open area called Finsbury Circus Gardens. It is surrounded by a crescent beautiful buildings with the circus as the central feature. loads of people out at lunchtime enjoying the sun whilst having their lunch.

    We met Adam at his office and we all had lunch together. Adam took us to The Barbican Centre, it is a brutalist building from the late 80's. It's a concrete mass which is a cultural centre for theatre, galleries and eateries. We had lunch there and spent some time with Adam.

    We left Adam to get back to work and Dan wanted to go and check out some record shops at Shepherds Bush. I jumped of the train at our station whilst David and Dan went on to do their record stuff.

    They ended up at Portobello Markets. Dan bought himself a few records and a really nice leather jacket (although it's way to hot to wear it!).

    David bought me a beautiful map of the Cotswold area from 1825. So lovely, can't wait to frame it and hang it at home.
    Read more