Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Just Popping to the Palace

    September 8, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    This morning David and I went to a little cafe in Talbot Court. It is a cute little area full of small shops and eateries. We had a coffee and the most amazing cinnamon bun. Might need another one tomorrow perhaps???

    Today was a little drive to visit the Cotswold Motor Museum. It in the lovely little village of Cheltenham . It's such a tiny village, so small we couldn't get parking long enough to spend any time at the museum, so we missed out on seeing it.

    That was OK because we went to Blenheim Palace in Woodstock instead not to far away- just as long as we had enough electricity in the car to get there!

    Blenheim is a huge pile owned by the Duke of Marlborough. He lives in Woodstock but often entertains at Blenheim.

    Winston Churchill was born there and he has ties to the Palace through family.
    We got to see the State Rooms, the room where Winny was born, the Churchill exhibition and did a separate tour of the downstairs servants area and the upstairs private living area of the Duke.

    As it is still in use by the owners, the private areas (being the upstairs and downstairs) we were not allowed to take any photos. The State Rooms allowed photography so we have plenty of those to share. We spent over 4 hours looking around, it was so huge and very well looked after.

    From Blenheim Palace we made our way home in the late arvo and stopped at the Big Bell pub. We had a few drinks and a yummy pub dinner in the cooler evening.

    We are having alot of issues with the internet here in Stow, it is making it hard to call each other as we are only using Whats App. But hey, life could be much worse.

    Tomorrow we check out of Victoria House and spend Saturday night at MacDonald Alviston Manner. That will be a nice experience, can't wait to stay in manor house.

    Maegan and Enzo arrive in London tomorrow so will see them when we get back to London on Sunday and commence our stay in the Putney apartment together.

    That's our Friday. See you all Saturday.
    Read more