Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 366

    Tbilisi, Georgia

    May 9, 2023 in Georgia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    მოგესალმებით თბილისიდან, საქართველოდან or Hello from Tbilisi, Georgia!

    Tbilsi was one of Emily's favorite cities on our trip and it was easy to see why. The city was begging to be photographed and had a beautiful mix of old Renaissance buildings, beautiful parks along every few blocks, outdoor cafes, comical statues, and a dusting of old resisential buildings and old city walls. The city felt vibrant and youthful yet had an old world charm and warmth that was uniquely Georgian. Many people were out and about during the day, some with wagons selling fresh produce door to door, others sitting at cafes enjoying coffee and watching the world pass by.

    This city contained the highest percentage of "bamboushkas" or elderly women that we have seen. This contributed to a strong sense of community that was felt while we were here. There is also a large stray dog population that are cared for by the people of Georgia including food, shots and spay/neuter. The tagged dogs (colorful tag on their ear) were adorable and completely harmless. Some would even roll over to expose their belly as you approached. Some lay asleep and others sat with you at cafes hoping for a scrap or two.

    Georgia is among one of the safest countries in the world and it truly felt that way while we were here in Tblisi. Regardless of the time of day or night it was extremely safe (more so feeling than in western europe), and people were welcoming. This truly is a beautiful green city not to be missed.
    Read more