Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 137

    Discovered rooftop restaurants

    21 de septiembre de 2023, Turquía ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Since my last post we've been to a bunch of rooftop bars and restaurants. I didn't realise this for a fair while, but apparently a big portion of the buildings here have some sort of venue on the roof, it's so sick! Tonight we went to a bar called monkeyistanbul, it was the best one so far. We watched the sun set over the river and had a perfect, uninterupted view of the big istanbul flag, like 6 mosques, and all the cool houses and buildings that are stacked up on top of each other around the river. We went to the bar with basak and she gave us a bunch of presents to say thankyou for the fun month. We're gonna have to do something awesome for her before we go because she's been fab! Today we also went to a beach on the Asian side. It was a lovely hot day and the water was cool and refreshing. Not sure if I've mentioned this already, but one of the main things ive found interesting about istanbul is its unusual layout. It's so big theyve decided to have loads of mini cbd areas surrounded by houses instead of one gigantic area made up of a billion skyscrapers. We passed like 3 cbds on the way to the beach, there must be 100s over the while city. Yesterday we tried some fried seafood sticks for dinner and surprisingly didn't get sick! The actual food was kinda garbage tho. Spencer had a guy come over to record some vocals last night and I got to experience what Ethan's life has been like living next to me ahahaha.

    My phone died at the sunset bar. More pics to come when I get them sent to me :))
    Leer más