Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 241

    Lazily exploring the areas around us

    January 3 in Hungary ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    So we've been in Budapest for almost a week now its made a great first impression! A few things ive noticed are:

    The heads on all the beers are enormous, at least 3 finger widths. It's pretty annoying coz u have to wait a billion years before it's drinkable

    There are Thai massage places everywhere, like two on every street. I kinda wanna try one coz they must be so cheap with all the competition.

    Everyone speaks great English here, the best of anywhere we've been so far.

    And all the buildings are astoundingly beautiful, its arguably the best looking city we've been to so far!

    We haven't done too much touristy stuff coz its been new years and we've been lazy but we've done a few explores, seen some nice buildings, chilled on the island area in the middle of the river, walked down a cramped but vibrant market, and made some beats in a very very snazzy library!

    We went to a relly really cool bar the night after new years called Szimpla Kert. It had so many rooms and areas and had such a cool decor. The building was kinda like a third world jail with graffiti and chunks scratched off the walls but then it was busily decorated with heaps n heaps of random accessories. I think it might be the coolest bar I've ever been to! We went with some Austrian people we met on new years. We were all quite hungover so just sat at a table playing cards. (My pictures sucked so this ones from google ahah)

    I also saw some juice being sold that boasted "added sugar". You don't see that everyday ahahaha.
    Read more