Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 260

    We got a snow day in Budapest :))

    January 22 in Hungary ⋅ ☁️ -1 °C

    We finally got a snowy day!!! We decided we'd make the most of it by going to the Fisherman's Bastion, it's a big white castle at the top of the buda hill and it had a great view of the city. The bastion is about 200m from the buda castle and between them is a really quaint cobblestone street, walking along that street with the bastion in front of us was a little bit like being in Harry Potter. It was kind of a grey day so the view was a bit foggy but it was still awesome to see Budapest looking all wintery and white. After the bastion we went to the same pizza place we went to on our first day here and then went for our usual happy hour stein at the local pub on our street.

    Ozge came to visit over the weekend and we went out to a nightclub that spencer was told would be "a real hungarian party". It was the most standard club we've been to all trip with the only notable feature being that all the dudes were built super thick. We went with ozge and an Aussie we met on new years. Spencer and the Aussie dude said they had a horrible time because of the big dudes but I had fun :) Ozges friend recommended a hungarian fish soup restaurant which we tried tonight. The soup was really hearty and filling, quite similar to Goulash but better. It's been so cold this week, today some of the paths were frozen and i was able to slide around like I was wearing socks.
    Read more