Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Ready to FLY

    May 1, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Slept in and excited to know that tonight we'd fly out to arrive at our first destination Prague, Czech Republic.
    Decided to have Rob, Kalyn and Kenzie pick us up at 5pm instead of 6pm. As always traffic on the way. Hunger setting in. Thankful Kalyn had some left over jolly ranchers and vanilla wafers from her Disneyland outing the other day. LIFE SAVER! Kenzie later broke out with her stash of MINI MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.
    Arrived at Bradley International Airport 6:45pm. Got in line only to find out they moved the check in area. All good cuz there was no line. We were then told that we needed to have 2 suitcases instead of one that totaled the same weight. PROBLEM? No. The guy was so nice and said he'd take care of it. Then John started a conversation with him only to find out the guy is working towards being a paramedic. So.....the firefighter in John gave him some advice. We saved $180 cuz the staff was so helpful and nice.
    The line to get through security was longer than any line at Disneyland but seemed to move at a good pace.
    Arrived at our gate at 8:20pm. Grabbed a sandwich (to share) and waters. Hoping my headache will go away.
    Sitting here waiting to board and enjoy the flight to our first transfer in Oslo, Norway.
    Read more