Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Finalmente Italia

    May 12, 2016 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Woke up to rain in Vienna. We escaped having rain on our days there. We had cold days but not too cold to enjoy the beautiful city.
    We were picked up by a private transportation company. A man in a nice suit driving a nice black mercedes.
    We arrived at the the airport early . We usually do to make sure we're at the right place and there are no problems. It was nice chatting with the family. Kalyn FB Messenger us on our way to the airport.
    Plane ride was nice and quick a 2 1/2 flight. John and I enjoyed a Sangria in the air with some snacks. Upon arrival the rain had stopped. YAY!!! Took awhile for our luggage to come up. Guess cuz we were early our suitcase were under everyone elses. Who knows, what's important was it showed up.
    It was a 45 minute taxi ride from the airport to the hotel. We checked in and the guy at the front desk helped and answered alot of questions we had.
    We are across from the Vatican which is nice for our tour tomorrow morning.
    We did a lot of sightseeing since arriving in Rome. About 3 to 3.5 hours of walking and seeing 15 of the main sights of Rome. We stopped to eat as we hadn't really had a meal all day. It never rained again, we're hoping to get nice weather for the Vatican Tour in the morning.
    So happy we are in Rome this time of year. There are people but not nearly as many as the end of the month will bring. Their busy tourist season begins.
    Read more