Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Poland. Krakow, POLAND

    May 18, 2016 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    A bittersweet early morning leaving Praiano. Woke up at 4:30AM to be ready for our pick up at the hotel at 6AM. As we waited outside the hotel the view well we just had to take it in one last time. The narrow streets very quiet all you could hear are the waves splashing, birds singing and roosters crowing.
    Our driver was there at 5:55am. The personal drivers we've had show up in a Mercedes and wear nice suits. They all have been so nice. Our drive was a direct one to Rome. We arrived to find a very long line of people to check-in. Luckily the line went quick. This airport is pretty unorganized. All in All we got there with hours to spare. Shopped a little, ate and got on our way.
    The weather cloudy with rain. (Of course). The flight is 1 hour 55 minutes long. The plane was full, we slept and before we knew it we were in Krakow.
    The airport very empty the only people were the passengers on our flight waiting for their luggage. Luckily ours came up quick and our driver was there to pick us up. (A little rain now) It was about a 30 minute drive to our hotel. The driver spoke great english.
    We checked in and dragged our suitcases up some stairs to our room. The room is very nice, the bathroom AMAZING. Nice big tub we can't wait to try. Lighting is very modern. Only problem no drawers for our clothes. Guess we'll just use our suitcases.
    We got a map from Olga our receptionist. Being the experienced walkers we are we decided to go out sightseeing. Krakow is a very nice city. Reminds us a little of Prague with old buildings and many churches.
    Because I've been craving some Mexican food we decided to go to Hard Rock Cafe'. Cuz you know it doesn't get more mexican than that! We were hungry and we happened to be right in front of their building. Luckily they had a special with...."TACOS"! They were pretty good....considering not a mexican restaurant. All in All it hit the spot! We had great seats upstairs by the window. Great view of Old Town Square.
    Time to sleep as we are being picked up tomorrow morning to tour Auschwitz and Birkeneau. Should be nice weather. NO RAIN!
    Read more