Satellite
  • Day 22

    Camps and Castle

    May 20, 2016 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Today we take the tour that I've been wanting to take since I was in Jr. High school.
    The morning started with coffee in our room. We bundled up as weather is to be cold today. Went outside our hotel room at 8:40am for our van pick up at 9am. We were picked up and it was off to our tour. The 1.5 hour drive was nice. Enjoyed the beauty of the outskirts of Krakow.
    We arrived at Auschwitz for the museum tour. We had 20 minutes before joining our tour guide. John went ahead got us a hot drink while I went to a small flower shop to buy a red Rose. The tour was one that I will never forget. The sadness that over takes you listening to stories and seeing what you have only heard of, read in books and have seen in movies. This is now REAL. Hair of people who died, clothes of children and equipment used by the handicapped etc.
    I knew it would be hard to explain in my summary
    I did take many pictures to share.
    I was able to lay one Red Rose in the area they call the DEATH WALL. I think you all know what happened there. Birkeneau also a location of many lives being lost. A real train car that was used. In your mind you start imagining what it was like. I did anyways. That's when you start Praying for all those individuals who had no idea what they were about to encounter.
    We arrived back to our hotel and decided to go see the Wewal Castle and yes we walked our way through town, the college and some beautiful parks.
    The Castle is very big and beautiful from a distance and quite beautiful once you get closer.
    We walked around and took pics. After all the walking we stopped by the mall. (Cuz we found out that's where the Starbucks was at). This mall is huge! Could of walked around but I was getting tired from walking all day and we still had to walk back to our hotel.
    On our way back we decided to have dinner and mexican food sounded good. We had only a ham and cheese sandwich and water from our driver after the first half of the tour. After all the walking you get a bit hungry.
    Went into a couple of souvenier shops on the way back to the hotel and stopped for drinks and snacks at a small grocery store on the way. Need some for our room.
    Tomorrow breakfast is being delivered to our room then it's off to see a few more places get back for our couples massage then walk to go back to Cloth Hall for some souvenier shopping.
    We'll be home Monday and our journey is slowly coming to the last days. It's back to Prague then Copenhagen then LAX.
    For now we continue to enjoy every sight,every step and Every Second.
    Read more