Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Rain & Santorini Tour

    March 28, 2019 in Greece ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    The morning plan was to meet at 8:45am and have breakfast outdoors together. I looked out and you couldn't even see the volcano. It was very foggy minutes later it was raining. We had all our breakfasts delivered to Kalyn and Kenzie's room. As they have the biggest room.
    We scheduled a tour for 10:30am. The CAPTAIN aka OWNER did mention that it may be cancelled if it rained. John walked to his office and they were still closed. Thankfully one of the maintenance guys had walked to the tour office with John he wanted to know where this tour office was. The receptionist called the room to let us know it was still a "GO"!
    We all filled out our breakfast request for tomorrow before we leave this amazing hotel. Continental breakfast is what we'll get at 7am. Our plane departs at 9am to Athens.
    The rain didn't stop us from going back to Oia and seeing Megalochori, Venetsanos Winery, hiked up to see the Red Rock Beach and ate at a nice restaurant by the Black Beach. We also stopped at Amoudi where some of The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants was partly filmed. The Captains son and his mother had a part in the movie.
    Kenzie was extremely happy at the winery. We of course picked the dessert wine. A brown color wine
    that was delicious with goat cheese and a jelly type relish that had chili and honey along with sesame crackers. Kenzie had her sister glass cuz Kalyn isn't into sweet wines. Scenery there was beautiful from what we could take in with the rain. It rained and rained but we still enjoyed our tour with Nikolas our tour guide.
    He took us by the Black Sand Beach and stopped at a restaurant to get something to eat. As he parked Kenzie noticed a small puppy, Robert noticed he was hiding under a car trying to stay out of the rain. WE the dog lovers of course felt bad for the little pup.
    The puppy must of known who would rescue him cuz he walked directly to Kenzie and she put him in her jacket. We were happy to see other dogs in the restaurant. Apparently the dogs belong to the owner and they run around in the restaurant. It was great for us Dog Lovers. It was like being home. Yes Kenzie did want to bring the puppy back with her. (Who wouldn't).
    We arrived back to where we were picked up for the tour. Robert had a 4pm appointment to get a tattoo and I had a hair appointment at 4:30pm across the street from each other.
    John, Kalyn and I walked back to our hotel. The path was like a river flowing down. John and I stopped at a shop and Kalyn went back to her room. One has to be very careful walking on the rock pathways and marble tiles. They get very slippery. We stopped by to give Kalyn a box of baklava we had just bought her. She loves her baklava.
    John and I arrived to our room with no electricity. He called down to the office. The lights came up in about 20 minutes. We decided to order room service for dinner. Delicious linguine with mussels and a yummy crab salad. Just enough for us to share with each other. We tried sharing our meals when we weren't too hungry. It worked most of the time.
    We packed our luggage and got ready for tomorrow's flight to Athens. Fingers Crossed and Prayers that this rain stops for our last two days on this amazing trip with family.
    Read more