Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Last day in BudaPest

    April 21, 2023 in Hungary ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Today is our last day in Budapest. We started early to get a few stops before I finally get my haircut.
    We stopped opera house and took pics outside. It was closed so we didn't get to see the inside. A beautiful building. We then went and had breakfast at New York Cafe'. It was the most beautiful place I've ever had breakfast at. Service was amazing, professional and fast. Food and drinks were very good.
    It was off now to get my haircut. Stephen at Gabor Hair Salon & Cafe' Bar was so nice and professional. He has been cutting hair for 30+ years. We enjoyed talking with him and learning more about Budapest. He had a cafe' bar downstairs. It wasn't open so John had to stay for the cut and style.
    From there we went to the Jewish Synagogue. John was given a paper yarmulkes that wouldn't stay on his head. A bobbypin was given but.....John has no hair and it just wasn't staying on. Omgosh I was cracking up. Not a great place to be laughing. John was trying hard to keep it on his head but it just wouldn't stay. I told him I'd chew some gum real quick to keep it on his head. Luckily he only had to wear it in the synagogue. We left there after walking around. It was hard seeing pictures and realizing how many lives were lost in the same area where the Synagogue stands. We went to some other sights on our list and got them checked off. Lunch/dinner was at Hard Rock Cafe guess we'll try and hit them up in different countries. Did the ice bar here in Budapest. Yes it was cold but had good drinks and had fun.
    Did some shopping at the market place and shopping at the main center.
    Back to the hotel to rest and pack for our flight to Bucharest, Romania tomorrow.
    Read more