Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    From Budapest to BUCHAREST

    April 22, 2023 in Romania ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Woke up today with enough time to have breakfast at our hotel. Our shuttle arrived early so it was off to the airport.
    Checked in 1 bag (cuz yes we bought a suitcase) for souveniers.
    Our plane was to depart 11:50am of course it was delayed about 45 minutes. Luckly we weren't on any schedule. We were shuttled to our small plane which had only a few people on it cuz that's all there was room for. Small planes aren't my favorite but for an 1.5 hr flight I could hang. John kept telling me horror stories of propellers going out etc. I went to sleep until I had to get up to go to the bathroom. This bathroom was so small you couldn't turn in it. I was just grateful there was one on that small plane.
    We got a taxi at the airport our driver Michael was very nice and gave us info about what was going on in Bucharest.
    Arrived at our hotel had our delicious fruit delivered snacked on it then took a 20 minute walk to Old Town. Along the walk we had rain. We found a nice hungarian restaurant great food, service, dessert and music. So happy we stopped here.
    For 2 drinks, our main meals, bread pita like and hungarian donuts for $43.
    John was shocked!!
    We walked around Old Town lots of restaurants, bars and shops. People of all ages babies and older people like US.
    We stopped at a pub while we waited to get a taxi. John had a hungarian beer and I had a latte. Total for both $4.22.
    Our taxi arrived a nice young man whose dream is to go live in Los Angeles. He didn't understand why we chose Bucharest for vacation. We told him we didn't understand why he'd want to live in L.A. He reminded me alot of my godson Cameron. Arrived at our hotel got ready for bed as tomorrow we have a day trip to Ruse, Bulgaria.
    Read more